- COMETS SEASON ENDS IN MINI-GAME OT THRILLER
- COMETS TAKE 1-0 LEAD IN CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED MASL GOALKEEPER OF THE MONTH
- VAHID ASSADPOUR AND STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
- COMETS CLINCH PLAYOFF BERTH WITH 12-4 VICTORY
Stephen Paterson #22
2016-2017 marks Paterson’s third season with the Comets after joining the team in 2014. As a back-up to Danny Waltman and Boris Pardo, Paterson has learned from some of the game’s greatest and performed well every time he has been called upon. In fact, the 29 year old has claimed victory in all three of his starts.
2014/15 MASL Season: Paterson signed with the Comets on January 14, 2015 and made his professional debut two days later against the St. Louis Ambush at the Independence Events Center. He played one more game that season totaling 119:58 minutes in goal and recorded 22 saves.
College: Paterson was a key member of two conference tournament champions and appeared in two NCAA tournaments with the Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks. He played all four years from 2006-2009 and ended his career as the school’s leader in career shutouts (23) and set a single-season record with a 0.76 goals against average in 2008.