- FIVE COMETS PLAYERS EARN MASL AWARDS
- COMETS SEASON ENDS IN MINI-GAME OT THRILLER
- COMETS TAKE 1-0 LEAD IN CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED MASL GOALKEEPER OF THE MONTH
- VAHID ASSADPOUR AND STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
Leo Gibson #14
2014/15 MASL Season: Gibson helped the Comets finish the regular season with a perfect 20-0 record and led the team and league with 93 points coming from a league-leading 48 goals and 45 assists. On Sunday, February 22, he broke the record for points in a game with 12 after scoring 8 goals and recording 4 assists. He was named MASL Most Valuable Player and earned All-League First Team honors.
- Helped the Comets win their first ever MISL Championship in March of 2014 appearing in all 20 matches and finishing the regular season as the team and league leader with 76 points with 24 goals and 25 assists.
- In the playoffs, he added seven more goals and two assists and appeared in all six matches.
- Drafted by the California Cougars with the 40th pick of the 2007 MISL Draft, but told the team he did not prefer to play in California and his rights were traded to the Detroit Ignition in exchange for a pick in the 2008 Supplemental Draft
- While in Detroit, he was able to help his team win the Xtreme Soccer League Championship after finishing with 25 points on 8 goals and 8 assists.
- Gibson signed with the Missouri Comets in October 2010 and was named the MISL’s Offensive Player of the Month for November. Midway through the season he moved to defense and was able to tie for a team high in blocks with 20, also good enough for sixth overall in the league
- Named January 2013 Defensive Player of the Month
- Set a new current era MISL record with a 16 point game against Rochester. He also recorded hat tricks in three consecutive games making him the MISL Player of the Week for the 12th week.
Gibson signed with the Comets in 2010 as a part of the new era for the iconic franchise. He started as a forward and even won the MISL Offensive Player of the Month before an injury situation forced a move to the back line mid-season. Gibson was a natural on the back line, but still showed his offensive side. The first season he had 51 points and 22 blocks over 23 games. In the 2011-2012 season, he totaled 21 blocks and 54 shots. Last season, Gibson was a key player in the Comets’ championship run. Over 28 games, he had 71 points, 25 2-point goals and 44 blocks. The highlight of the season for Gibson was January 19th where he set a Comets and MISL record with a 16 point effort. His 6 goals and 2 assists helped his side with a crucial 30-17 victory over the Rochester Lancers. Gibson has been named to the All-MISL First-Team twice and All-MISL Second-Team once in this three years with the Comets.