- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
- COMETS CLINCH PLAYOFF BERTH WITH 12-4 VICTORY
- IMPORTANT TWO GAME WEEKEND AHEAD FOR COMETS
- COMETS COMEBACK FOR 100TH FRANCHISE WIN
- VAHID ASSADPOUR NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- COMETS SEEK WIN NUMBER 100
- VAHID ASSADPOUR NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
COMETS SEEK WIN NUMBER 100
- Updated: February 9, 2017
KANSAS CITY (Feb. 9, 2017) – The Comets returned to the Kansas City sports scene in 2010, getting their first win on November 21st of that year. This Saturday, February 11th at 7:05p.m. CT, the Comets (12-4) look for their 100th franchise win against the Dallas Sidekicks (7-9).
The team also hopes to continue their current seven-game win streak and extend their lead in the Central Division. They have won their last seven games, with the latest coming last Saturday against the St. Louis Ambush.
Captain Vahid Assadpour led the way with two goals and two assists as the Comets jumped out to an 8-0 lead against the Ambush, then cruised to an eventual 10-4 win.
“We are in the league’s toughest division and every win is important,” said head coach Goran Karadzov. “It was good to see the team playing hard and hopefully we can keep that up.”
Dallas is led by Cameron Brown. Earlier this year he surpassed the legendary Tatu for the most consecutive games with a goal. His streak ended this past week at 26 games. On the season he has 28 goals and 15 assists.
While the Comets are in the driver’s seat for their playoff hopes, the Sidekicks are in the middle of a tight battle for the Southwest Division postseason chances. They need to win every remaining game and hope for Atletico Baja to drop a few of their remaining games.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CT on Saturday night at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Tickets are available at ticketmaster.com and KCComets.com. The game will be shown live on MASLtv, the streaming home of the Major Arena Soccer League.