- FIVE COMETS PLAYERS EARN MASL AWARDS
- COMETS SEASON ENDS IN MINI-GAME OT THRILLER
- COMETS TAKE 1-0 LEAD IN CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED MASL GOALKEEPER OF THE MONTH
- VAHID ASSADPOUR AND STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- Updated: February 24, 2017
KANSAS CITY (Feb. 23, 2017) – The Kansas City Comets close out their regular season schedule on Sunday evening against the team they opened it up with, the Cedar Rapids Rampage. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:05 p.m. CT.
This will be the third meeting between these two this season. The Rampage won the season opener in Kansas City and then again in Cedar Rapids on December 11th. Since that game, the Comets have won 11 of 13 games, while the Rampage have lost 5 of 11.
The Comets have already clinched a spot in the MASL Playoffs for this season, but could win their third straight regular season Central Division title with a win on Sunday. While the dates are already set for the Divisional Championship round, the Division title would ensure the Comets at least the #2 overall seed in the postseason and help with playoff seeding in the later rounds of the tournament.
Kansas City will have their work cut out for them though. Gordy Gurson and Hewerton Moreria lead the Rampage with 22 goals each. They have single-handedly pushed their team to victory at times, and can be extremely hard to stop when they are both at the top of their game.
The Comets are likely to be missing Leo Gibson for one more week as he continues to rest up after suffering a concussion against St. Louis. In his absence players like Ramone Palmer and Vahid Assadpour have stepped up their offensive presence. John Sosa continues to lead the team in assists (23) as he directs traffic on the Kansas City attack.