- COMETS SEASON ENDS IN MINI-GAME OT THRILLER
- COMETS TAKE 1-0 LEAD IN CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED MASL GOALKEEPER OF THE MONTH
- VAHID ASSADPOUR AND STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
- COMETS CLINCH PLAYOFF BERTH WITH 12-4 VICTORY
COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- Updated: March 9, 2017
There are a few constants in this world, but one of them seems to be the matchup between the Kansas City Comets and the Milwaukee Wave in the playoffs. The two teams kick off the Central Division Championships on Thursday, March 9th at 7:35 p.m.
This is the seventh straight year these two teams have met in postseason play, dating back to the 2011 playoff season. In 14 playoff games the Comets hold an 8-6 advantage and have won the last four series over the Wave.
Vahid Assadpour, Leo Gibson, Brian Harris, John Sosa and Stefan Stokic have been the core of the Comets in this series every year. Bryan Perez has also a part of this historic series, but in 2012 it was on the other side.
For the Wave, Ian Bennett has been the one constant through each year. He feeds off his teammates and fans as he frustrates defenses with his speed and quick shots. Forward Max Ferdinand has made Milwaukee’s offensive attack even stronger this year.
Game Two will be played in Milwaukee on Sunday, March 12th at 2:05 p.m. CT. If necessary, a Mini-Game will be played immediately after to determine the series winner. All games in the series will be broadcast on MASLtv, the streaming home of the Major Arena Soccer League.
Kickoff on Thursday is scheduled for 7:35 p.m. CT and tickets are available at KCComets.com, Ticketmaster.com or by calling 855.4KC.GOAL.