- MIDFIELDER TRAVIS PITTMAN SIGNS WITH THE COMETS, CODY HOFFMAN RE-SIGNS
- MAJOR ARENA SOCCER LEAGUE ANNOUNCES 2015-16 SCHEDULE
- COMETS ANNOUNCE 2015/16 HOME OPENER
- GOALKEEPER BORIS PARDO RETURNS TO THE COMETS FOR THE UPCOMING MASL SEASON
- COMETS SIGN DEFENDER KEVIN TEN EYCK FOR THE 2015/16 SEASON
- MIDFIELDER KIEL WILLIAMS RE-SIGNS WITH THE COMETS
- DEFENDER ALAIN MATINGOU RE-SIGNS WITH THE COMETS
- COMETS RE-SIGN ROBERT AND RAMONE PALMER
- MAJOR ARENA SOCCER LEAGUE ANNOUNCES RULE CHANGES FOR UPCOMING SEASON
- Galaxy Girls Announce 2015-16 Dance Team!
COMETS HOPE TO GAIN GROUND IN WEEKEND SERIES
- Updated: January 16, 2014
Comets Sit Two Games Back of First Place
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri (January 14, 2013) – The Comets face a home-and-home series against the Milwaukee Wave this weekend, with the first leg on Friday, January 17th at the Independence Events Center. The Comets currently sit two games back of the Wave for the top spot in the MISL table. Comets vs. Milwaukee Wave – Game Notes Although a lopsided matchup in early years, these two teams have developed a strong rivalry over the past two seasons. Last year the teams split the regular season series before the Comets edged out the Wave in the playoffs, 3 games to 2. The trend continues this year, as the teams have each found a victory in their two matchups so far. The Wave needed overtime to win the season opening match, but the Comets were able to overpower Milwaukee in their return trip on December 13th. The Comets continue to
lead the league in scoring, with 172 points scored in eleven games. Missouri has five players among the league’s top 25 scorers, including Vahid Assadpour and Leo Gibson who rank #1 & #2 with 49 points and 40 points respectively. Milwaukee is led by Carlos Munoz and Ian Bennett offensively, while current MISL Player of the Week, Marcio Leite sets up the attack. Goalkeepers Nick Vorberg and Marcel Feenstra alternate starts without any drop off for their side. Friday night’s match at Independence Events Center is scheduled for a 7:35p.m. CT kickoff. Saturday’s game will be the Comets first visit of three visits to Milwaukee’s U.S. Cellular arena this season and is
scheduled for a 6:00p.m. CT start. Both games will be streamed live on CometsIndoorSoccer.com/Live-Feed.