- COMETS SEASON ENDS IN MINI-GAME OT THRILLER
- COMETS TAKE 1-0 LEAD IN CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED MASL GOALKEEPER OF THE MONTH
- VAHID ASSADPOUR AND STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
- COMETS CLINCH PLAYOFF BERTH WITH 12-4 VICTORY
Comets Fall to Tropics
- Updated: December 31, 2016
KANSAS CITY (Dec. 30, 2016) – Despite building up an early two-goal lead, the Kansas City Comets fell to the expansion Florida Tropics on Friday night at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence.
Ramone Palmer and Lucas Rodriguez each recorded a brace the 8-7 loss that evened the season series against the Tropics, who took a 6-4 loss at home on Dec. 17.
Palmer started the scoring just two minutes into the first quarter when he converted an assist from Guerrero Pino. Lucas Rodriguez added to the lead in the ninth minute off a restart.
The Tropics broke through moments later for their first goal, which was scored by Ricardo De Queiroz Diegues. He entered the game with just seven goals in eight games, but turned in a hat trick on Friday.
The two teams traded goals before halftime and the Comets retained a 3-2 lead at the break.
Florida found a groove in the second half, however, scoring three goals in the third and three in the fourth. Both of the Tropics’ four quarter goals were shorthanded.
The Comets end the calendar year in St. Louis with a 1:05 p.m. match against the Ambush. The game will be live-streamed on MASL.tv. They will continue a road trip with two January matches in Ontario and San Diego before returning home Jan. 20 to host the Syracuse Silver Nights. That will serve at the Comets’ Mascot Game and Park University Night with the Comets.