- FIVE COMETS PLAYERS EARN MASL AWARDS
- COMETS SEASON ENDS IN MINI-GAME OT THRILLER
- COMETS TAKE 1-0 LEAD IN CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
- COMETS HOST MASL PLAYOFF OPENER
- STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED MASL GOALKEEPER OF THE MONTH
- VAHID ASSADPOUR AND STEPHEN PATERSON NAMED TO MASL TEAM OF THE WEEK
- COMETS WIN CENTRAL DIVISION WITH DOMINATING PERFORMANCE
- COMETS LOOK FOR REVENGE, CENTRAL DIVISION
- COMETS ANNOUNCE PLAYOFF DATES
- COMETS WIN STREAK SNAPPED IN MILWAUKEE
COMETS DEFEAT RIVALS
- Updated: November 5, 2016
Leo Gibson Scores Four Goals in 11-4 Victory
KANSAS CITY (Nov. 4, 2016) – After spending the end of last season and most of the summer recovering from a severe concussion, veteran forward Leo Gibson emphatically announced his return to the Major Arena Soccer League Friday night.
He scored four goals and three assists to pace the Comets in an 11-4 rout of long-time rival the Milwaukee Wave at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. The victory was their first of the season.
Milan Ivanovic and Brian Harris started the attack with back-to-back goals in a 20-seocnd span at the end of the first quarter. The Comets’ run continued with goals from Ramone Palmer and John Sosa before the Wave found an answer.
Andre Hayne scored midway through the second quarter, but veteran Comet Leo Gibson made up for it a minute and a half later to push the lead back to four goals at the half.
The Comets held a 21-9 advantage in shots during the first half and Stephen Paterson did his part to keep the Wave out of the net with five saves.
The home team picked up where it left off after halftime with a first-minute goal from Palmer. Gibson scored three times after the break and Vahid Assadpour and Bryan each added a goal.
“Everyone played their role responsibly from Stokic, who went out there and was working hard on defense, to Stephen stepping up and making plays,” Gibson said. “If I were to say that what I did was the key to the game, I would be misleading myself. We all played our role.”
Kansas City continues its home stand with a match against the St. Louis Ambush on Nov. 13 and then hits the road for the first time this season to take on the Milwaukee Wave. For tickets or more information, call 855.4KC.GOAL.
Full Boxscore here: http://bit.ly/2flSaR2